Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What was I thinking???

    What was I thinking starting this blog with Christmas so near.  Thought I better put down a few words.  Church on Sunday was bittersweet.  This is one thing I share with my Mother, and with her being in the hospital for so long...I find it sometimes hard to go the church.  I push myself and I always feel better for going.  Well this week a woman, which I don't know her name, asked me how Mom is or where she is.  We see this woman all the time at church.  I looked at her with big eyes and tried to whisper to her what has been going on for 6mos or so.  I may have to backtrack alittle.  My mother, who lives with me and my husband, fell back in May and broke her ankle, so severely that she had to have a plate and screws put in.  Well, that plate and screws became infected(osteo myelitis-spelling) any how, complication after complication and even facing possible amputation, finally a Dr. Tien had decided to take out the plate and put on an external fixator.  Huge monstrosity of rods and pins on the outside of her leg/ankle.  So...short of 1 month she was able to come home, she has been hospitalized ever since May 2011.
        Back to my story - She (the woman in church)  proceeded to tell me that she looks forward to seeing me and Mom in church because it makes her think about her parents that passed a decade ago.  She knew something must be wrong , that she hasn't seen Mom with me in a long time.  She told me it takes a special person to care for someone.  I tried to hold back the tears.  She said "God Bless and Merry Christmas."  I hurried up and recieved Communion and instead of staying for final prayers and song I left...I could not contain my tears anymore.  As I came out my husband was waiting for me in the car.  He saw me crying and said, "What in the world is wrong?  Are you OK?"  I assured him that I was and after calming down I told him the story.  I miss Mom being at home, with us where she belongs.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment